One of the major problems of the day is the lack of empathy. Reading this article from Juicy Ecumenism, I learn that many students, long exposed to perversity, are no longer motivated to help another, even if the other is a friend who got drunk who is being raped. Nor will they get involved in even identifying the rapists.
First, the article quotes from the article Parents or Prisons:
A free society needs people with consciences. The vast majority of people must obey the law voluntarily. If people don’t conform themselves to the law, someone will either have to compel them to do so or protect the public when they do not. It costs a great deal of money to catch, convict, and incarcerate lawbreakers — not to mention that the surveillance and monitoring of potential criminals tax everybody’s freedom if habitual lawbreakers comprise too large a percentage of the population.
The basic self-control and reciprocity that a free society takes for granted do not develop automatically. Conscience development takes place in childhood. Children need to develop empathy so they will care whether they hurt someone or whether they treat others fairly. They need to develop self-control so they can follow through on these impulses and do the right thing even if it might benefit them to do otherwise.
All this development takes place inside the family. Children attach to the rest of the human race through their first relationships with their parents. They learn reciprocity, trust, and empathy from these primal relationships. Disrupting those foundational relations has a major negative impact on children as well as on the people around them. In particular, children of single parents — or completely absent parents — are more likely to commit crimes.
Without two parents, working together as a team, the child has more difficulty learning the combination of empathy, reciprocity, fairness, and self-command that people ordinarily take for granted. If the child does not learn this at home, society will have to manage his behavior in some other way. He may have to be rehabilitated, incarcerated, or otherwise restrained. In this case, prisons will substitute for parents.
This society has waged war against the family, and they have successfully drained of all meaning in the eyes of the majority. The same-sex marriage crowd is only the point at the end of the road.
Continuing with Juicy Ecumenism:
Alan Jacobs in the essay cited above quotes Paul Griffiths who wrote concerning the redefinition of marriage, “What the pagans need on this matter is conversion, not argument; and what the Church ought do to encourage that is to burnish the practice of marriage [by Christians] until its radiance dazzles the pagan eye.”
Christians living lives of empathetic, sacrificial love, enjoying beautiful marriages and nurturing, caring families (big, nurturing, caring families) are first priority.
Beyond that Christian Smith found that not all teens and emerging adults are post-modern relativists. Approximately 15 percent are “committed traditionalists,” who “embrace a strong religious faith, whose beliefs they can reasonably well articulate and which they actively practice.” Developing outreach, discipleship, education programs and leadership training for this 15 percent should be our second priority.
OK, what does this have to do with reaching the stars, and wining a better future?
- First, to reach the stars, we need to be able to work together. We need to value the truth, and to value each other. Without this, it will be difficult to even leave the village, never mind stretch to encompass new worlds!
- Second, even when times are tough – and perhaps especially so – there is usually a Remnant to work with. Use that empathy, feel for the Remnant, and built them up. THOSE are the people – with those big and beautiful families – who will inherit the future. Not the sterile Power Elite of today, and not the porno-hungry failures of today, either.
- Third, a godly family has hope, and this hope leads to victory – after tough struggles. The Almighty State is rotting away as we speak, and when the welfare state dies, things will get rather ugly rather quickly. Sure, the governments of the day won’t hesitate to shred the laws in the mindless thrashing, killing and torturing any number of people to protect it’s authority. But, after legitimacy has died, using violence to retain power is just to costly and inefficient to succeed in the long term. When the mass-killers have abandoned ship, we will face several soulless violent gangs – but these short-sighted thugs are not nearly as dangerous as the Almighty State was.
- Fourth, self-discipline is the way to the future. Mindless animals have no hope, little empathy, and rely on the crowd or instinct to control themselves. Godly men have hope, empathy, and self-discipline. We will need the self-discipline, to do the long, hard, thankless work we must complete to build a better society after the Compassionate Elites finish raping it, leaving a broken civilization behind as they head laughingly to their graves. You cannot rely on weak, effeminate churches to lead: the house church movement is the way to the future, as our Chinese brethren have taught us. Never mind the hopelessly compromised politicians and judges!
- Fifth, we need godly fathers to lead our families. Things are going to get ugly, and without reliable, predictable public justice, or reliable, predictable teaching of the Law-Word of God, we need fathers to get the job done. These fathers must be hard men to the enemy, but strong and noble protectors of their families. This Christian patriarchy must link up with suitable fellow-believers, so we can all support, protect, and guard each other as the fake prosperity and ease of the Total State crumbles to the true poverty and agony of the spasm-death of the Total State.
- Sixth, we need love. The entire goal of the Total State and its secular supporters is to destroy marriage and family, so there is no love, only fear and lust. The pathetic substitutes of today’s puerile entertainment (which is supposed to replace a transcendent meaning and purpose) is no substitute for real, sacrificial, enduring love and faithfulness.
- Seven, we need God. This entire anti-life, anti-family culture is an explicit and conscious attempt to replace the Divine Order of Creation. The Total State is going to fall, so don’t trust in crumbling Idols of Power. It’s going to collapse not because of some massive uprising of the population, who can’t even get motivated enough to vote out the lying bastards so long as they promise free money, free health care, and no limits to pleasure. No, it’s going to fail of its own accord, due to it’s own innate incompetence and short-sightedness. Since the abject failure of the Total State is sure, don’t rest your hope on welfare payments, your guns and money, the love of the Compassionate Ones, or a bunch of other men with badges and guns. Focus on God, obey God, read and know and live your Bible, respect His Law-Word.
Jesus Christ said that His word gives Life.
He is speaking the truth.
Jesus Christ said that God is Love.
He wasn’t kidding.
“But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
PS: The reader may wonder why the desire to pervert and gut marriage and family, but still keep the empty shell. Why the fakery instead of a clean break? Why not just say “Marriage is a truly unbreakable union between man and wife, but it’s completely obsolete now”?
Well, as any truly rational man can tell you, you can cause far more damage with a fake version of the real thing. All men have the law ingrained in their heart, so – even as they suppress the truth – they want some simulation to comfort their restless consciences. After all, Liberals in Sweden attempted to completely abolish marriage in 2005, but failed. Not because of the spineless grovelling churches there, but because Swedish women dream of a white wedding, and they won’t let anyone hinder that dream.
Also, many (perhaps most) same-sex marriages are open marriages. That is, there is no claim to sexual exclusivity between the partners. Naturally, this defeats the entire purpose of marriage – as intended. No real marriages and no real family means no bonds of trust, and no centre of authority to challenge the will of Our Compassionate Elites – only isolated bastards, cruel and/or uncaring, and a comprehensive state, both cruel and uncaring.
Do these people that such a viscous and godless society is going to inherit the future? Really?
That’s not the way reality works, as any Russian (or even most Chinese) could tell you.